The internet is a magical place. More than ever before, information is quite literally at our fingertips, and anyone can learn about any topic with just a few keystrokes and a web browser.But with endless resources available, how do you sort through the noise to find the accurate, relevant content you need as an accounting and tax professional?While obtaining dependable information is important in many fields, for CPAs, bookkeepers, enrolled agents, and tax pros, it’s absolutely vital. Your clients’ livelihood – and the long-term success and reputation of your practice – is on the line. As rules, regulations, and best practices continue to change, you can look to our best 25 tax and accounting blogs to read in 2020 for guidance.These blogs are up-to-date on tips, strategies, rules and regulations, as well as having well-written content and a consistent posting schedule. They are not ranked, but listed in alphabetical order.We hope this list will come in handy for you as you navigate through any changes that may be forthcoming this year. Perhaps they will even inspire you to start writing tax and accounting content of your own!
- AccountingCoach – This site was launched to help people throughout the world learn, refresh, and deepen their understanding of introductory accounting and bookkeeping at no cost. There is also a paid PRO version of the site.
- AccountingDepartment.com – Blog writers share their expertise and collective accounting experience to cover the most important topics that will benefit small business owners.
- Accounting Today – The latest accounting news & information for the accounting profession.
- AccountingWEB – Online community for CPAs in the United States, providing news, tools and guidance from top industry voices.
- AICPA Insights – Features posts from AICPA staff and accounting professionals on a variety of topics affecting the accounting profession.
- Canopy Tax Blog – Canopy is active in sharing insightful articles on practice management, tax preparation and planning, industry news, and more.
- CountingWorks Blog – Accounting, tax, and finance content by leading industry experts geared toward helping small business owners be successful.
- CPA Practice Advisor – Consistently updated with quality articles on firm management, tax, accounting & audit, and more. Also offers reviews of various products and services available for professionals in the industry. Applicable to non-CPA practices as well.
- CPA Trendlines – Actionable intelligence for the tax, accounting, and finance community.
- Don’t Mess With Taxes – Kay Bell uses her blog to translate taxes into money-saving English.
- Forbes – Tax Blog – The latest news and top stories in tax from qualified contributors like Tony Nitti and Taxgirl.
- Going Concern – Provides original news and insider analysis of the culture, people, and firms that shape the industry.
- Journal of Accountancy – Great resource for CPAs, providing daily professional and regulatory updates, breaking news and videos.
- MACPA Blog – A well-respected blog from the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants. This community of CPAs helps members connect in strategic ways and protect their professional interest.
- Moss Adams Insights – Offers knowledgeable commentary on a broad spectrum of accounting, tax, finance, and business operations issues.
- National Society of Accountants Blog – With members representing 30,000+ independent practitioners providing accounting services to over 19 million clients, NSA is a significant voice in the industry. Their blog offers valuable and timely information, education, research, and more.
- OSYB Number Crunch – This accounting and bookkeeping blog by Ed Becker is a great source for recent accounting new and helpful tips.
- TaxBuzz Blog – Offers tax information and insights and small business guides for accountants, tax professionals, startups, growing entrepreneurs, and taxpayers.
- Taxgirl – Kelly Phillips Erb is a senior editor at Forbes and provides articles around tax policy, tax related security and technology issues through her Taxgirl website as well.
- TaxMama – Online community that provides live tax help and resources when you need it.
- Tax Foundation – Provides principled research and insightful analysis from engaged experts at the nation’s leading independent tax policy nonprofit.
- TaxProf Blog – Run by Paul Caron, Dean of Pepperdine University School of Law and one of the leading entrepreneurial tax scholars in the country. Very interesting to read for all those interested in the legal side of tax.
- TaxVox Blog – Research & commentary blog provided by voices of Tax Policy Center’s researchers and staff.
- 5 Minute Bookkeeping – Great source for bookkeeping content. Shares tons of Quickbooks knowledge, including tips and tutorials.
And don’t forget to follow along with us here:
- CountingWorks PRO Blog – Provides ongoing accountant marketing, practice management, and technology articles, webinars, and research as well as strategies and tactics to help small accounting and tax practices to grow and thrive.
Also, be sure to check out our other curated lists:The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2020The 15 Best Facebook Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 202015 Best LinkedIn Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 2020If you are an accounting, tax or bookkeeping professional and have questions about blogging or about how you can generate more referrals from content creation, contact us today at 1-800-442-2477 or set up some time to speak with one of our accountant marketing experts. We offer a full suite of digital marketing packages, including posting high-quality tax and accounting content to your practice’s blog and improving your search engine rankings.