As the world has continued to stay somewhat virtual, social media has proven to be an effective way for like minded individuals to connect and share ideas and opinions.
Despite controversies, Twitter has continued to grow to nearly 400 million monthly active users, and remains as a highly frequented source of information on the latest news and trending topics.
Twitter has served as an excellent forum for spreading information on ever changing tax policy regulations, and deadlines, making it a significant conversation platform that tax and accounting professionals cannot afford to miss out on.
A best practice to stay on top of tax and accounting news is to create a list of experts and influencers to follow. Below are our 25 best tax and accounting Twitter accounts to follow in 2021 (in no particular order). You can follow them all via our Twitter list here. While you’re at it, follow us at @CountingWksPRO!
- @accountingtoday – Accounting Today, an Arizent brand, is the independent news and information resource for tax and accounting professionals.
- @accountingweb – The leading online community for professional accountants, providing useful, practical advice and inspiration so accountants can make more informed decisions.
- @AICPA – The official Twitter account of the American Institute of CPAs.
- @bstonerCPA – Award-Winning CPA; Forbes 2021 top 100 Twitter Tax Acct; Quoted on MarketWatch CNBC & CNN; #TaxPlanning & #TaxPrep for Small Business!
- @cbriancpa – CPA focusing on tax planning, compliance, start-ups & entrepreneurs.
- @CountingWorks – Get #accounting, #tax, #bookkeeping, and #virtualCFO help from qualified professionals. Free for individuals and #smallbusiness owners.
- @CPAPlanner – Retirement and tax super-nerd, Proud dad and husband, Steelers fan, “Lead Financial Planning Nerd” @ http://Kitces.com, always learning, dedicated to educating others
- @CPA_Trendlines – Live links to breaking news for tax, accounting and finance professionals.
- @gregkyte – I’m a CPA and a stand up comedian. I tweet jokes. Accounting Jokes. They’re hilarious. Also cartoons.
- @IRStaxpros – IRS news and guidance for tax professionals.
- @justinmilleresq – Bad tax jokes, even worse puns, and a ton of tough tax topics. National Wealth Strategist, Tax Prof., and ACTEC Fellow.
- @leereams2 –CEO of CountingWorks, Inc. Sales and marketing automation software for tax and accounting pros.
- @NATPTAX – The National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) serves professionals through tax education, research, updates, publications and office supplies.
- @NayoCarterGray – Virtual Accountant who loves a corny joke, funky glasses, and is passionate about #technology. Host of @TYFVirtual #ForbesTop100MustFollowTaxTwitterAccounts
- @nittiaj – Tax guy @rubinbrown. Writer @forbes. Tax Prof @uofdenver and @ggu.
- @RichardRubinDC – I cover U.S. tax policy for the @WSJ. There is ALWAYS a tax angle.
- @SoCalTaxProf – TaxProf Blog: The #1 tax blog on the Internet. Dean and Tax Professor at Pepperdine Law School.
- @SylviaDionCPA – #CPA Founder & Partner #SALT Firm, #EconomicNexus Guru #StateTax #SalesTax Blogger/Writer
- @taxbuzzonline – Forbes Top 100 #Tax Twitter to Follow. Get #tax & #accounting help from highly-rated professionals. Easy & free service for individuals & #smallbusiness.
- @taxgirl – #Tax #lawyer, happily writing for @Forbes and @tax. Coffee drinker, proud mom (yes, those are related). More at http://taxgirl.com
- @taxfoundation – Providing trusted, independent economics and tax news, research, and analysis since 1937 | Stay informed at http://taxfoundation.org/covid19
- @TaxMama – Award winning author – Top 100 accountant and tax blog – dean of TaxMama’s® #EnrolledAgent (EA).
- @TaxNotes – Source for everything tax. News, commentary, analysis. Nonprofit, nonpartisan organization. #LetsTalkTax
- @DebFoxFinancial – Dual Licensed CPA in Texas and in Florida. Tax Focused because it can save money for everyone. Teaches IRS Compliance & Strategy for new Small Business Owners.
- @taxtweet – #Tax blogger. Journalist. Tax fun at Don’t Mess With Taxes.
And don’t forget to follow us…
@CountingWksPRO – Kick traditional tax and accounting marketing to the curb with our all-in-one practice growth platform.
This is our curated list based on expertise, frequency of posts and engagement and number of followers. It is listed in no particular order. The list includes key influencers of the tax and accounting industry that provide valuable insights and updated industry information on a regular basis via their Twitter accounts.
Also, be sure to check out our other curated lists:
The 15 Best Facebook Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 2022
The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Blogs and Podcasts – 2022
The 15 Best LinkedIn Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 2022
If you are an accounting, tax or bookkeeping professional and have questions about Twitter or about how you can generate more referrals from social media, contact us today at 1-800-442-2477 or set up some time to speak with one of our accountant social media experts. We offer a full suite of digital marketing packages, including posting tax and accounting content to your business Twitter page and also growing your referrals coming from social media.