LinkedIn is continuously the #1 social media site used for professional connectivity, with over 720 million users worldwide. It’s the ideal platform for engaging with your industry, connecting with prospective employees and clients, joining the public conversation surrounding the latest news, and more. Once you learn to navigate through all the options that LinkedIn has to offer, you can maximize the network to benefit your practice.There is a LinkedIn Group for just about everything. Within our industry, Groups often feature relevant discussions on topics like practice management and operations, updates to rules and regulations, best practices for client relationships, practice marketing, and public policy.In this year’s list of the best LinkedIn Groups for accountants and tax professionals, we’ve continued our focus on profession-oriented groups; in other words, communities that tax and accounting pros can join to connect with and learn from industry peers and key influencers. So, which groups on LinkedIn might be the best fit for accountants, tax pros, and other financial professionals?As this year comes to a close, we have updated our 15 Best LinkedIn Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals for 2021 (in alphabetical order):
- Accountants of the Future – With cloud accounting and increased technology, the accounting space is evolving. This group was created to connect other accounting and tax professionals to discuss the future of accounting and the implications to today’s accounting and tax practices.
- Accounting & Audit – This group serves financial managers for all types of businesses: from small and medium sized businesses to listed companies and financial services such as investment boutiques and investment banks.
- Accounting | Finance | Professionals – With over 240,000 members, this popular group is a fast-growing community of accounting and financial professionals.
- Accounting Professionals – A subset of another popular group called Finance Club (below), this group of almost 60,000 members is made specifically for accounting professionals looking to grow their industry network.
- AICPA Tax Practitioners – This group is officially sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and it keeps its members up-to-date on tax legislative and regulatory developments.
- CPA Trendlines – Owned and operated by Rick Telberg, this group is dedicated to providing actionable intelligence and practical advice for the tax, finance and accounting community.
- Finance Club – This massive group has over 1.3 million members and they focus on helping finance professionals grow their industry network.
- International Tax Planning Professionals – Prof. William Byrnes' (Texas A&M University) moderates this group of 30,000 to encourage the sharing of international tax-related questions, tax comments, and tax analysis.
- Marketing for Accountants, CPAs, EAs, Bookkeepers and Tax Professionals – Looking to grow your practice? This group, managed by our team here at CountingWorks PRO, is a great forum for sharing ideas, tips, strategies, news and other information related to digital marketing that helps accounting and tax pros to grow their client base and build their brands.
- National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) – If you need resources, connections and knowledge to properly prepare tax returns and advice on tax matters, this group is for you.
- Successful QuickBooks Consultants QBO QB Power Hour Cloud Connect Accountant CPA Bookkeeping Online – Need help with Quickbooks? This group shares best practices, billing policies and client management tips.
- Super CFO – If you have trouble finding a group that covers your specific needs, this group might be it for you. Whether you’re a CFO, FD, CLO, CSO, Banker, Lawyer, Accountant, CMO, CTO, etc, you have a place here.
- Tax Professionals – With over 100,000 members, this group is for anyone and everyone professionally involved in tax issues.
- Tax Pro Network – This group brings tax professionals of various levels together to have discussions, network and review employment opportunities.
- Tax Technical Discussion Forum – This group is for professionals who practice tax looking to connect with and discuss technical issues with other tax practitioners.
Building your network on LinkedIn is a positive investment in the future success of yourself as a professional and your practice as a whole.Also, be sure to check out our other curated lists:The 15 Best Facebook Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 2021The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2021The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Blogs – 2021If you are an accounting, tax or bookkeeping professional and have questions about LinkedIn or about how you can generate more referrals from social media, contact us today at 1-800-442-2477 or set up some time to speak with one of our accountant social media experts. We offer a full suite of digital marketing packages, including posting tax and accounting content to your LinkedIn and also growing your referrals coming from social media.