Content is king. If you are a small business owner, you have surely heard this phrase. According to Forrester Research, a picture is worth a thousand words, but a one minute video is worth 1.8 million. The truth is If you aren't leveraging video content as a tax or accounting professional, you are missing out on potentially millions of impressions, and countless other marketing benefits.In this blog, we will walk you through WHY video is essential, and how you can hit the ground running with creating video content.
Why is Video Content Important for Tax and Accounting Firms?
Before we jump in: in case you are not convinced of the importance of video for accounting firms, here are some key statistics...
- 46% of people will take action after watching a video. (BlueHost)
- 80% of people will recall a video ad one month after seeing it (BlueHost)
- 64% of people who visit a website, and watch a video are likely to convert (Video Brewery)
- A study in the real estate field showed listings with video get 403% more inquiries (BlueHost)
- Only HALF of businesses currently leverage video (Brafton)
Now let’s start with the obvious. People love video! Digesting video content on platforms like YouTube or Vimeo has become more convenient and accessible than watching television.Video content is one of the most versatile forms of content. You can make videos quickly and casually. If you’re going for an open dialogue format for example, recording a video can be as easy as getting in front of your webcam and giving your clients a run down of your thoughts on the latest tax law. After that, it is incredibly easy to publish and then convert into other forms of media. A video can be made into a transcript, and a transcript into a blog. A video can easily be converted to snippets, or many smaller videos that can be shared as individual content pieces. Do you listen to podcasts? A video is very easy to convert into an audio file that can serve as a stand alone podcast. You can reuse and recycle your video content more easily than any other form of content. Video is also an exceptional way to improve your search engine optimization! YouTube is owned by Google, which as we know is the biggest search engine in the world. The Google algorithm loves video! The more you feed the algorithms, the better opportunity you have to appear higher in searches. Opportunities for organic discovery are endless with video. Have you ever started watching a video online, and then been sucked into an endless loop of clicking on more “related” content options? If your answer is yes, you have experienced the ease of organic discovery first hand. As you feed search engines with video, you make your content discoverable to like minded individuals across the web which in your case would be small business owners! These should be good enough reasons for you to dive into creating content, but we know that there are common roadblocks that tax and accounting firms face when developing video. Do not worry, we have solutions. You do not have a studio or equipmentIn this day and age, a lack of professional equipment is an issue when it comes to creating content. While we do recommend that you invest in a quality microphone, there are lots of ways to get around having a professional studio setup. Most of us have a videography system already in the palm of our hands, or on our desks. Use what you have available! Here are some examples.
- Webcams - To record your videos
- Cell Phones
- Virtual Backgrounds - You probably have loads of these by now!
- Screen Recording features
- Video conferencing tools - TeleAccountant is a great option!
- Voice over technology
You have no editing experienceLuckily for you, editing video is no longer something beginners cannot do. There are lots of affordable or even free video editing options. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Apple iMovie
- VSDC Free Video
You are lacking in inspiration for contentWe hear this all of the time. Many tax and accounting pros struggle with finding inspiration for video content. There are lots of different formats and topics that you can look to when thinking of ideas.Video Ideas for Accountants:
- FAQs - Answer some of your most frequently asked questions! These are great for SEO.
- Breaking Tax Law Changes- Update your clients and keep them informed! People love getting news from parties that they trust. Your insight is more valuable than you know!
- Industry Specific News - Showcase your value and expertise!
- Testimonials - Build social proof and show your impact
- IRS Resources- These videos often get high traffic
- Go Live! - You can go live and record your live session. This is a great way to convert your content into further forms of media like we described above
- Niche Specific Content
You do not want to be on cameraWe hear this all the time, and we get it. Not everyone wants to put themselves out there.There are ways that you can get around this. We suggest:
- Using voiceover video style
- Recording over a presentation
- Using animations instead of your own face
- Trying a commentary video
- Inviting your staff to help!
- Showcasing the success of YOUR clients (great social proof)
All of that being said, videos are an amazing way to establish social proof. We wrote an article about how important headshots are on your website, and how they add an essential “human” feel to your online presence. Videos are the easiest way to create that “human” feel, and leave a great first impression. We find that clients who showcase their humanity and personality have a much higher success rate when it comes to converting leads. A video is worth millions of words. They are an ideal way to showcase your knowledge, your personality, and your authority. If you are able to overcome these roadblocks and showcase yourself effectively, you will be in an excellent position to attract more organic leads. Don’t have time?Consider automation. CountingWorks PRO offers auto-posting video content as a part of your subscription. If you would like to learn more about how CountingWorks PRO can help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.