Do not wait until the last minute to get your marketing systems ready! Now is the best time to learn how to use online reviews during tax season as a way to grow your client base, get more referrals and expand revenue from existing clients. Be sure to watch our free webinar, “How to Get More From Tax Season,” where our experts share some of the best ways to get your firm's marketing ready for tax season. We also offer tips on generating more client testimonials and five-star reviews and will give you five key goals to accomplish during tax season. You will come away from this webinar with practical next steps that you can apply to your own practice right away.
With the digital age booming and 97% of consumers using the internet to find local businesses, clients are able to find you through multiple vehicles and all of them are vitally important. Referrals, search engines, review sites (i.e.TaxBuzz), social media, PR and guest blogs, and email newsletters are a few of the most popular ways to be found by clients and potential leads. Knowing your client, gaining high-quality reviews and replying to responses will help you cultivate these mediums during tax season and make your firm visible year-round.The peak tax season Google search period for the industry is usually between mid-January and the tax deadline, but that does not mean you should wait to begin marketing your firm! Sending newsletters, gathering testimonials and reviews and creating a brand on social media are all great ways to be increasing your firm's visibility throughout the year. As you will learn in this informative webinar, during tax season your prospective clients will be searching for things such as “tax preparer,” “tax accountant,” or “tax preparer reviews.” If you follow the tips in our webinar, you can put yourself on your way to better search engine results in 2019 and beyond!In our webinar, we will walk you through the four key stages of tax season in order to get your firm's marketing in place:
- Prepare (through January 15th): Don't wait to get your marketing tools in place. Focus on core marketing and get your tools in place. Core marketing consists of: a professional and Google security-compliant website (more on this here), building connections and automating content on your social media profiles, active and growing review site profiles, in-place search engine optimization (SEO), confident people and processes, and marketing automation. This stage is a long-term process and cannot be put on hold until the last minute. The time to act is NOW!
- Acquire and Schedule (January 1st through February 15th): After the preparation stage is over, it is time to acquire those clients and get them scheduled to begin. You can do this in many ways, but some of our favorites are by responding quickly and fully to inbound calls and emails, automating marketing processes (e.g. drip emails to prospective clients), online appointment scheduling, client meetings, and paid advertising. You did all the steps to prepare and following through with these tools will help you to acquire new clients.
- Serve Clients (Late January through April 15th): This part is what you know how to do and have been doing all along. Continue to provide excellent, “five-star” client service through responsiveness and frequent communication to keep earning and gathering high-quality reviews.
- Post-Deadline (April 16th and BEYOND!): Thank your clients for their business. Amplify all the hard work you have been doing by keeping your client informed throughout the year with automated emails and social media posting. Now is the time to begin asking for reviews, follows and connections on social media!
With all of these steps in place, you can set your goals for next year and begin again. Below are a few relevant and realistic goals we have seen to be effective for some of our clients' firms:
- Set up and strengthen your online marketing & client communications: website, automated blog, automated email marketing and social media, client portal, e-sign
- Retain 80-90% of prior year tax clients
- Deliver a “Five-Star” experience to every client
- Increase total fees collected over last year by 15-20%
- Get 10-20+ five-star client reviews on TaxBuzz.com & Google My Business
Watch “How to Get More From Tax Season” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-XYIKkcIcM&t=5sWant some help to get ready for tax season? Be sure to set up an appointment with one of our experts or call us today at 949-438-2186.
Here are some quotes from our webinar attendees:
“Best webinar I have attended yet. Topic is both timely and critical to success in our industry at this time.” - Peter M., Finance & Tax Manager
“Lots of great information - will be able to use for position outside of tax practice - Thank you!"
- Cheryl B., Accounting Firm CEO
“Gained knowledge on how to put myself and business out there.”
- Ernestine M., Tax Professional
“I am just starting out with a new firm in a new city. This information will be very useful in obtaining and retaining clients. Thank you.” - Tamme N, Accountant
“The webinar provided a clear reminder about how important your company brand is, especially on the internet.” - Michael B, Accountant
“Great energy from these guys!" - Jeffery S., Tax Professional
"Great webinar...5 stars!" - David D., Tax Professional