When it comes to building connections, learning from peers or even finding new clients; there is no platform like Facebook. With over 2.9 billion monthly active users (and counting!), this social media platform is easily one of the most utilized in history- not just for personal interaction but also for community building.Joining Facebook groups for your industry is a great way to keep up-to-date with what's going on in the world of your particular field. You can also use these discussion forums as an opportunity to build relationships with other professionals.You can find a Facebook Group for just about anything, but in the case of tax and accounting professionals there are professionally-oriented groups that often operate like forums to discuss issues relevant specifically with those within your industry or niche.One of the challenges when it comes to finding good Facebook groups is that there are plenty with spammy content and poor organization. It's not uncommon for these types of activities or threads, which can be distracting from more productive discussions in your community - but don't worry! To save you time, we’ve compiled a great list for 2022 of the best 15 Facebook groups for accountants and tax professionals (in alphabetical order):
- Accountants of the Future – With cloud accounting and new and improved technology, the accounting space is evolving. These changes bring a shift in the role accountants play in working with their clients. The purpose of this group is to share advice, thought leadership, updates and relevant information to help each other to grow and tackle the future of accounting together.
- Bookkeepers Corner Group – This group is for Bookkeepers and Accounting professionals serving multiple clients, to connect and collaborate on general bookkeeping topics.
- Business Boutique Bookkeepers and Accountants – This growing group was created for women in bookkeeping, accounting and/or tax businesses.
- IRS Representation Helpful Tax Tips to Solve IRS Problems – This active forum is an excellent place to seek advice surrounding IRS problems from other professionals and former IRS agents.
- Enrolled Agents – The Tax Professionals – With over 3,000 members, this group is for professionals covered by the IRS Cir. 230.
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) – This is the official Facebook group of the National Association of Enrolled Agents. The group is restricted to members of NAEA.
- QB Power User Community – "As an extension of their popular QB Power Hour webinar series, Michelle Long and Hector Garcia created this group for accountants, bookkeepers, CPAs, ProAdvisors and QuickBooks Consultants to discuss QuickBooks questions, tips, troubleshooting, apps, bookkeeping, accounting, taxes, starting or growing your business and sharing successes."
- Tax & Accounting Practice Management – This Group is for Tax Professionals looking for and sharing Practice Management tools.
- Tax Planners of America – This group is for all Tax Professionals that specialize in Proactive Tax Planning Strategies, and that want to collaborate, improve and expand in the art and science of Tax Planning.
- Tax Professionals of America – This group of over 7,000 members was created so that tax pros from all over can know we have a community of partners to ask tax and accounting questions of and rely on whenever needed.
- Tax Pros CPE/CE Events – Looking for learning opportunities? This group exists to list upcoming CPE/CE events in the field of taxation. Courses may be live, in-person, webinars or recorded.
- Tax Preparer Entreprenuers - This page is for tax professionals who would like to share business strategies, marketing ideas, tax laws, and tax preparation tips. Through this community we will help each other grow.
- Tax Questions & REAL Answers 2022 - This active group exists to answer pressing questions about tax policy in 2022. It is a great resource to help with any confusion in this new year.
- The Successful Bookkeeper – With over 10,000 members, the purpose of this group is to have a supportive community to help answer questions and give feedback on anything related to building and growing their bookkeeping business.
- The Nerd Enterprises, Inc. Community– This group aims to talk about accounting issues and apps in a more strategic way. Members come together to discuss different apps but also to learn how to put systems together to grow their accounting and bookkeeping practice.
Staying up to date on where the important conversations are taking place among key industry voices can be difficult, so be sure to check our other top lists:The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2022The 15 Best LinkedIn Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 2022The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Blogs and Podcasts – 2022Investing the time to build your professional network and glean as many insights as possible from Facebook Groups can be highly beneficial to your practice in the long-term.If you are an accounting, tax, or bookkeeping professional and have questions about Facebook or about how you can generate more referrals from social media, contact us today at 1-800-442-2477 or set up some time to speak with one of our accountant social media experts. We offer a full suite of digital marketing packages, including posting tax and accounting content to your Facebook business page and also growing your referrals coming from social media.