While LinkedIn may be one of the best places to reach business owners and referral sources (see our list of Best LinkedIn Groups here), Facebook is another top social media network that every accounting and tax practice owner should utilize in their communication and marketing plan. In comparison to LinkedIn, which tends to be a more professional social network, Facebook may be a better place to reach individual tax payers and is another great place to reach small business owners.Beyond using a business profile to reach clients and prospects, Facebook Groups can be a great way to build one's network within the accounting industry and to share valuable insights and discussions with your peers.There is a Facebook Group for just about anything, but the professionally-oriented groups in particular are extremely valuable for those who wish to make the most of their company's presence on the network. The groups are often like forums, where like-minded professionals with common interests, opportunities and challenges they face can discuss the latest issues and trade insights on their industries.While some Facebook Groups may include more self-promotion and are poorly organized, the best groups foster added-value conversations, a sense of community and a place to connect with peers. However, since Facebook is not a professional network (like LinkedIn), it can sometimes be difficult to find quality groups that bring you real benefit without the spam.With that in mind, we've compiled a great list for 2019 of the best 15 Facebook groups for accountants and tax professionals (in alphabetical order):
- Accountants of the Future - With cloud accounting and new and improved technology, the accounting space is evolving. These changes bring a shift in the role accountants play in working with their clients. The purpose of this group is to share advice, thought leadership, updates and relevant information to help each other to grow and tackle the future of accounting together.
- Accounting & US Tax Compliance - With over 24,000 members, this group specializes in small creative crafting businesses. They help with questions for how to structure a business, doing the most audit-proof accounting practices and any form of taxes.
- Accounting We Will Go - This group of almost 10,000 members is focused on accounting for your online business.
- Business Boutique Bookkeepers and Accountants - This growing group was created for women in bookkeeping, accounting and/or tax businesses.
- California National Association of Tax Professionals - This is a closed group that is only open to NAPT members. The group provides its members with specific education and support to succeed in the tax profession.
- CalCPA Young & Emerging Professionals (OC/LB Chapter) - The California Society of CPAs is a nonprofit organization aimed at promoting the integrity of the profession as well as supporting the success of each of its members.
- Enrolled Agents - The Tax Professionals - With over 2,000 members, this group is for professionals covered by the IRS Cir. 230.
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) - This is the official Facebook group of the National Association of Enrolled Agents. The group is restricted to members of NAEA.
- Small Business Tax Assistance - The mission of this group is to help small businesses understand how taxes affect their business. The purpose of the group is to unite online to support each other, share learnings and develop a network of small business peers.
- Tax & Accounting Practice Management - This group is for Tax Professionals looking for and sharing practice management tools.
- Tax Professionals of America - This group was created so that tax pros from all over can know we have a community of partners to ask tax and accounting questions of and rely on whenever needed.
- Tax Refund Q&A's 2019 - With over 7,000 members, this group discusses and answers all things around tax refunds.
- The Successful Bookkeeper - With almost 6,000 members, the purpose of this group is to have a supportive community to help answer questions and give feedback on anything related to building and growing their bookkeeping business.
- US Expat Questions - This growing group has almost 7,500 members and is focused on answering all your expat tax questions.
- 2018/2019 Tax Refund Craziness - With changes in the current tax law, taxpayers have a lot of questions. This growing group has almost 10,000 members and its sole purpose is to have a place for people to come and ask questions about this year's taxes.
This is our curated list, which includes groups who provide valuable content, a strong community and updated industry information on a regular basis.Staying updated with the who's who in social media and on the web in general can be overwhelming, so be sure to check our other top lists.The 15 Best LinkedIn Groups for Accountants and Tax ProfessionalsThe 25 Best Tax and Accounting Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2019The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Blogs - 2019Putting the time in to build your brand awareness and professional network through Facebook Groups will be a worthwhile investment for your firm's future success.If you are an accounting, tax or bookkeeping professional and have questions about Facebook or about how you can generate more referrals from social media, contact us today at 1-800-442-2477 or set up some time to speak with one of our accountant social media experts. We offer a full suite of digital marketing packages, including posting tax and accounting content to your Facebook business page and also growing your referrals coming from social media.