In recent years, it’s become more difficult than ever before to sort through the noise and find reliable information from true industry experts.
But don’t worry, that doesn’t have to be the case.
As a financial professional, the information you provide your clients is absolutely vital for their future success and the long-term reputation of this office – so it’s important that they can trust what we have to say!
As rules, regulations, and best practices continue to change, you can look to our best 25 tax and accounting blogs and podcasts to check out for guidance.
These blogs and podcasts are up-to-date on tips, strategies, rules and regulations, as well as having well-written content and a consistent posting schedule. They are not ranked, but listed in alphabetical order.
We hope this list will come in handy for you as you navigate changes that have happened recently as well as those yet to come. Perhaps they will even inspire you to start writing or recording tax and accounting content of your own!
- AccountingCoach – This site was launched to help people throughout the world learn, refresh, and deepen their understanding of introductory accounting and bookkeeping at no cost. There is also a paid PRO version of the site.
- Accounting Today – The latest accounting news & information for the public accounting profession.
- AccountingWEB – Online community for CPAs in the United States, providing news, tools and guidance from top industry voices.
- AICPA Insights – Features posts from AICPA staff and accounting professionals on a variety of topics affecting the accounting profession.
- Canopy Tax Blog – Canopy is active in sharing insightful articles on practice management, tax preparation and planning, industry news, and more.
- CountingWorks Blog – Accounting, tax, and finance content by leading industry experts geared toward helping small business owners be successful.
- CPA Practice Advisor – Consistently updated with quality articles on firm management, tax, accounting & audit, and more. Also offers reviews of various products and services available for professionals in the industry. Applicable to non-CPA practices as well.
- CPA Trendlines – Actionable intelligence for the Tax, Accounting, and Finance Community.
- Don’t Mess With Taxes – Kay Bell uses her blog to translate taxes into money-saving English.
- Fraud Files Forensic Accounting Blog – This fascinating blog offers commentary on fraud, scams, scandals, and court cases in the field of forensic accounting.
- Going Concern – Provides original news and insider analysis of the culture, people, and firms that shape the industry.
- Journal of Accountancy – Great resource for CPAs, providing daily professional and regulatory updates, breaking news and videos.
- Moss Adams Insights – Offers knowledgeable commentary on a broad spectrum of accounting, tax, finance, and business operations issues.
- National Society of Accountants Blog – With members representing 30,000+ independent practitioners providing accounting services to over 19 million clients, NSA is a significant voice in the industry. Their blog offers valuable and timely information, education, research, and more.
- TaxBuzz Blog – Offers tax information and insights and small business guides for accountants, tax professionals, startups, growing entrepreneurs, and taxpayers.
- Taxgirl – Kelly Phillips Erb – Kelly is a senior editor at Forbes and provides articles around tax policy, tax related security and technology issues through her Taxgirl website as well.
- TaxMama – Online community that provides live tax help and resources when you need it.
- Tax Foundation – Provides principled research and insightful analysis from engaged experts at the nation’s leading independent tax policy nonprofit.
- TaxProf Blog – Run by Paul Caron, Dean of Pepperdine University School of Law and one of the leading entrepreneurial tax scholars in the country. Very interesting to read for all those interested in the legal side of tax.
- TaxVox Blog – Research & commentary blog provided by voices of Tax Policy Center’s researchers and staff.
- 5 Minute Bookkeeping – Great source for bookkeeping content. Shares tons of Quickbooks knowledge, including tips and tutorials.
- 21st Century Taxation – This blog from Professor Annette Nellen focuses on modern tax reform. It offers insights on “tax system weaknesses, critiques selected reform proposals, and offers new ideas, with an emphasis on federal, California and multistate matters.”
- Modern Marketing for Today’s Accountants– Hosted by Lee Reams II CEO of CountingWorks PRO, this podcast is centered around both old school and modern accountants wanting to modernize their practices and hone in their digital marketing skills. Decades of trial and error has lead us to start this podcast and share stories, tips, best practices and MORE.
- The Finance & Accounting Show – This is the go-to place for practical insights for business where Accounting and Finance meet Business Strategy. Hosted by Terrell and Lola Turner; Finance leaders with experience from some of the largest companies in the world.
And don’t forget to follow along with us here:
- CountingWorks PRO Blog – Provides ongoing accountant marketing, practice management, and technology articles, webinars, and research as well as strategies and tactics to help small accounting and tax practices to grow and thrive.
Also, be sure to check out our other curated lists:
The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2022
The 15 Best Facebook Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 2022
The 15 Best LinkedIn Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals in 2022
If you are an accounting, tax or bookkeeping professional and have questions about blogging or about how you can generate more referrals from content creation, contact us today at 1-800-442-2477 or set up some time to speak with one of our accountant marketing experts. We offer a full suite of digital marketing packages, including posting high-quality tax and accounting content to your practice’s blog and improving your search engine rankings.