Each year we update our list of the best LinkedIn groups for accountants and tax professionals. While there are not many changes to our list this year, LinkedIn did make a lot of changes over the past year to their groups feature.
You can get up to speed with some of the changes on the LinkedIn blog.
Even with all these changes in Groups, LinkedIn is still the #1 social media site for professionals like accountants and tax practitioners with almost 600 million users worldwide. Financial professionals who use LinkedIn have been able to successfully use this huge network to connect with peers, referral sources, partners, thought leaders, vendors and more. It is also a great place to showcase your company to the press and to prospective employees. Once you learn to navigate through all the options that LinkedIn has to offer, you can learn to maximize the network to benefit your practice.
With LinkedIn Groups, you can join in a shared discussion space alongside people you have mutual interests with.There truly is a group for everything: a range of different fields, categories, geographic locations, and areas of expertise — including top LinkedIn groups for accountants, CPAs, bookkeepers and tax professionals. Members of these accounting and tax LinkedIn Groups post lots of relevant information on things like practice management, marketing, technical accounting and tax updates, and there’s plenty of opportunity to engage in thought-provoking conversations. LinkedIn Groups are a great way for accountants and tax pros to make business contacts and establish themselves as experts in the industry.
So, which groups on LinkedIn might be a good fit for accountants, tax pros, and other financial professionals?
As this year comes to a close, we have updated our 15 Best LinkedIn Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals for 2019 (in alphabetical order):
- Accountants of the Future – With cloud accounting and increased technology, the accounting space is evolving. This group was created to connect other accounting and tax professionals to discuss the future of accounting and the implications to today’s accounting and tax practices.
- Accounting | Finance | Professionals | World Finance Network – With almost 200,000 members, the World Finance Group is a fast-growing community of accounting and financial professionals.
- Accounting Today | Discussion Group – Founded by the Editor-in-Chief of SourceMedia, this group delivers industry specific news, expert analysis and peer interaction.
- AICPA Tax Practitioners – This group is officially sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and it keeps its members up-to-date on tax legislative and regulatory developments.
- AICPA Young CPA Network – With almost 15,000 members, this group is dedicated to the growth of young CPAs.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Network – The #1 Group for CFOs – With over 360,000 members, this group is the #1 group for CFOs and executive financial and accounting leaders.
- CPA & Business Professional Group – This group is officially sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is focused on connecting CPAs, AICPA members and other business professionals.
- CPA Trendlines – Owned and operated by Rick Telberg, this group is dedicated to providing actionable intelligence and practical advice for the tax, finance and accounting community.
- Finance Club – This massive group has almost 900,000 members and they focus on helping finance professionals grow their industry network.
- Marketing for Accountants, CPAs, EAs, Bookkeepers and Tax Professionals – Looking to grow your practice? This group, managed by our team here at ClientWhys, is a great forum for sharing ideas, tips, strategies, news and other information related to digital marketing that helps accounting and tax pros to grow their client base and build their brands.
- National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) – If you need resources, connections and knowledge to properly prepare tax returns and advice on tax matters, this group is for you.
- Successful QuickBooks Consultants QBO QB Power Hour Cloud Connect Accountant CPA Bookkeeping Online – Need help with Quickbooks? This group shares best practices, billing policies and client management tips.
- Super CFO : Finance, Accounting, Tax, IFRS, Startup, PE, CEO, CA, CPA, CS, Networking, Professionals – If you have trouble finding a group that covers your specific needs, this group might be it for you. Whether you’re a CFO, FD, CLO, CSO, Banker, Lawyer, Accountant, CMO, CTO, etc, you have a place here.
- Tax Professionals – With almost 100,000 members, this group is for anyone and everyone professionally involved in tax issues.
- Tax Pro Network – This is a group that welcomes all tax professionals of all levels to have discussions, network and review employment opportunities.
Investing time in building a network of connections on LinkedIn is investing time in your business.
Also, be sure to check out our other curated lists:
The 15 Best Facebook Groups for Accountants and Tax Professionals – 2019
The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Blogs – 2019
The 25 Best Tax and Accounting Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2019
If you are an accounting, tax or bookkeeping professional and have questions about LinkedIn or about how you can generate more referrals from social media, contact us today at 1-800-442-2477 or set up some time to speak with one of our accountant social media experts. We offer a full suite of digital marketing packages, including posting tax and accounting content to your LinkedIn and also growing your referrals coming from social media.